FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – This week’s Huskies Player of the Week is #31 Goalie Tyler McArthur.
Each week, a different player from the Huskies will be interviewed.
As part of a weekly feature, Tyler was met at the rink to talk about himself and his team effort.
Nils Nemec Facts:
- Age: 18
- Height: 6′0″
- Weight: 170 lbs.
- Shoots: Left
- Hometown: Fort St. John, B.C.
- How long have you been with the Huskies?
Tyler: “This is my first season but I’ve AP’d all of my midget years when I was playing on the Trackers. So, technically four, but this is my first actual year playing.”
- What position do you play?
- What is it like being a goalie?
Tyler: “It’s a different position than the normal players. It’s more, kind of, just sitting around when you play on a good team and then, sometimes, bail out your team when you need to.”
- What is your favourite moment so far with the Huskies?
Tyler: “Probably when I got to play in a Provincial game last season; I’d say that. We lost but it was still a fun experience.”
- Who’s your favourite hockey team?
Tyler: “Mine would be the Edmonton Oilers.”
- Who is your Favourite hockey player?
Tyler: “Carey Price.”
- What kind of music do you listen to?
Tyler: “Mostly Country and then for before games, usually rap or rock and roll.”
- What’s your favourite food?
Tyler: “I’m a big potato guy.”
- What do you hope for the future, in terms of this season?
Tyler: “I hope to win another championship and hopefully win that Provincial that they’ve been going to for the last three years and that’s the plan.”