FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The City of Fort St. John has awarded construction tenders for the second phase of the new RCMP detachment.
At a Special Council Meeting on Wednesday, Council approved tender contracts to seven firms as part of the RCMP detachment’s construction.
Tenders to be awarded for the construction of the detachment include:
- Mass Timber contract to Kinsol Timber Systems of Cobble Hill, B.C., for $1.7 million
- Concrete Unit Veneer Masonry contract to D.L. Vers-A-Tile Construction Ltd. of Fort St. John for $589,200
- Preformed Metal Siding contract to W.L. Construction Ltd. of Fort St. John for $1.4 million
- Modified Bituminous Membrane Roof contract to DM Henderson Roofing Ltd. of Dawson Creek for $1.0 million
- Sectional Metal Overhead Doors contract to Alpine Glass Windows and Doors Ltd. of Fort St. John for $47,750
- Glazed Aluminum Curtain Wall contract to Alpine Glass Windows and Doors Ltd. of Fort St. John for $1.8 million
- Civil contract to A.C.L. Construction Ltd. of Fort St. John for $1.4 million
To date, the City says contracts valued at over $14.8 have been awarded, with over $9 million or 61 percent of the contracts being awarded to local companies.
The new detachment is expected to be completed by January 2022 at an estimated cost of $51.4-million.