PRINCE GEORGE, B.C. – The United Way of Northern B.C. (UWNBC) has chosen 21 agencies to receive funds from the final round of allocations or Canada’s Emergency Community Support Fund.
The $349,000 Federal Government Fund was set up for COVID-19 relief and will now help to support programs in communities throughout the northern region.
Some of the local agencies that were chosen are:
- Child Development Centre Society of Fort St. John & District
- Fort St. John Women’s Resource Society
- Nenan Dane zaa Deh Zona Family Services Society, Fort St. John
- Northern Environmental Action Team, Fort St. John
- Salvation Army, Fort St. John
- Friends of Hudson’s Hope Society
- Networks Ministries Dawson Creek
- South Peace Art Society – Dawson Creek Art Gallery
- Tansi Friendship Centre, Chetwynd
- South Peace Community Resources Society, Chetwynd/Tumbler Ridge
- Saulteau First Nations, Moberly Lake/Chetwynd
- West Moberly First Nations, Moberly Lake/Chetwynd
The United Way of Northern B.C. received around 88 requests for funding. Since the pandemic began, UWNBC has supported 55 programs and 44 agencies and issued a total of $858,000 in funds.
To find more information about how the United Way of Northern B.C. is helping communities, you can visit their website.